Using gift cards to gamble online is not exactly new, but it is a method that is growing in popularity. These cards make the whole process that little bit easier and safer, and there are many of them to choose from. In this article we’ll answer a few basic questions about gift card casinos, telling you how you can deposit and play, and how you can get the most out of them.
What are Gift Card Casinos?
Gift cards are no longer the reserve of big brand stores, they are no longer just a “cop-out” gift for people who don’t really know what else to buy. These days gift cards offer all kinds of new features, including the ability to use them to gamble online.
These gift cards bear many similarities to the gift cards you can buy from Walmart or Amazon. They can be bought for a set amount and used to spend that set amount. They can be bought with cash from many local stores and there is no connection to your bank account or credit card. The difference is that these cards are not tied to specific stores and you can use them to gamble.
- Security: These cards are perfectly safe. They are not connected to your bank account or credit card, and in most cases there is very little personal information attached to them. They are one of the few payment methods that require so little information and so little access.
- Cash Gambling: There are still many online gamblers who can’t quite get used to the idea of not gambling in cash. There is no real way to do this, but gift cards are perhaps as close as you’re going to get. You can swap your cash for a gift card and then use that to gamble. Simple.
- Bankrolling: If you struggle with gambling addiction or think you’re at risk, then these cards could be just what you need to keep your gambling under control. You just put the total amount that you can afford to lose on a card and then use that card over the course of a week, a month or even a year, as most of these cards don’t expire.
- Gifts: How many times have you wished people would just send you money for your birthday or Christmas so that you can use it to gamble? They want to give you stuff that you will really enjoy, but you know you can’t exactly ask them to deposit into a gambling account. But gift cards make that process easier. They can give you the money you need to gamble without even knowing that’s what the money is for!
Gift Card Casinos: What to Buy
There are many different gift cards that you can use, but not all of these have the same benefits. There are gift cards that are limited, gift cards that expire and gift cards that just aren’t accessible with online gambling sites. One of the best gift cards available for online gambling is the Vanilla Visa and Vanilla MasterCard.
In essence, these are gift cards that have the Visa or MasterCard branding. They come with all of the benefits that these two brands offer, from accessibility to ease of use and more. The difference is that they very easy to setup:
- Buy your card from one of the many participating stores, including Petro-Canada.
- You pay the amount you want to spend, with set amounts from $35 to $250.
- There is no credit check and no long list of questions and restrictions.
- You can be using your card in a matter of minutes.
- There is no time limit on when you can use the cash.
- You can use it for many purposes, not just online gambling.
Gift Card Casinos: Where to Play
As mentioned above, you should be able to use Vanilla cards everywhere that accepts Visa or MasterCard, depending on which one you choose. The same does not apply to other branded gift cards though, which may be a little more restrictive.
In such cases, your best bet is to stick with sites like Royal Vegas Casino. They have a large following in countries like Canada and Australia, where alternative payment methods are popular. As a result, there are many of these available. You can use everything from Vanilla Visa and Vanilla MasterCard, to PaySafeCard and more.
There are a number of web wallets available on Royal Vegas as well. Some of these, like Skrill and Neteller, operate just like traditional web wallets and are not too different from PayPal. Others, however, are a little closer to gift cards in nature. These may be better suited to players who prefer these methods.
In either case, the method you choose will entitle you to the $1,200 new member bonus. This is given out to all players and has been available of a number of years. There have also been promotions that offer an extra 10% bonus to players who deposit using specific methods. This extra bonus is not always available and isn’t as constant as the aforementioned new member bonus. But it seems to come and go and is worth waiting for.
How to Withdraw on Gift Card Casinos
There may be ways that you can turn your winnings into gift card money, which means you can then use those cards to gamble more or to purchase online. For instance, you can withdraw to a Skrill or Neteller account and then use those accounts to purchase these cards online. You can also send the money into another payment method and use that to pickup gift cards.
However, there is no way to directly withdraw to your gift card. In truth, most players won’t need to. They’ll be happy to keep the money in their account until it reaches an amount worthy enough of a withdrawal. If they decide to deposit again then they will simply used the method that they withdrew to.
But if you prefer the safety that gift cards provide, then by all means keep that payment cycle going by buying another batch of cards and funding your account again.
Royal Vegas, the #1-Rated Casino for Canadians is currently offering a wide range of credit card deposit options, anything from prepaid gift cards to mastercard and Amex. That, and a world-class gaming experience, with innumerable table games, card games, and live dealers, and fun for everyone ! RV has been in the business for a very long time, a decade long. Thumbs up !